Eagle Park one of McGuinn’s Newsiest communities has one of our most popular floor plans The “Kerry” being constructed now. The Kerry plan offers 1309 sq ft of spacious living with vaulted ceilings, 1 car garage, smooth top range with microwave, wood cabinets in our open kitchen, rear concrete patio, 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths with a large master bedroom that includes a huge walk in closet all this for only$119,900. The location of Eagle Park is perfect for the buyer looking to be close to Forest Acres and Fort Jackson with the convenience of having I-77 close by. Eagle Park is a gated community with Forest Acres shopping and dining being only a few miles away along with being only a mile or two from the Fort Jackson main gate. We at McGuinn are very proud and thankful for our men and women serving around the world to protect our way of life that’s why we offer incentives for Fort Jackson soldiers looking for off base housing along with any military personnel active or retired. We have many options at Eagle Park to choose from to help you design your new home the way you want like we say “Your Home Your Way”.
Cherokee Crossing is a quaint all brick patio home community tucked away in one of Lexington, South Carolina’s most convenient locations at the intersection of Old Cherokee and Old Chapin Roads only minutes from downtown Lexington’s shopping and dining.Conveniently located to give it residence the ease of city living while enjoying a country atmosphere.
McGuinn homes offers it’s clients upscale all brick patio home living at great pricing. With floor plans starting under $130K, clients can modify the various floor plans to custom build the patio home that matches exactly what they are looking for. Also, with deeded lawn maintenance, Cherokee Crossing homeowners are able to use their free time to do things they enjoy without having to worry about yardwork and upkeep!
Congratulations on owning your own home! Now that you do, you can’t depend on your landlord (or parents) to fix that squeaky door. Here’s a list of tools to keep at your home in case you have a small item that needs repair:
1. Assorted screwdrivers – Especially a standard (flat) and Phillips. You’ll need these for various jobs around the house; everything from tightening the loose screws on your computer desk to putting together a new futon.
2. Claw hammer – (that’s just a regular hammer with that claw-looking end) You’ll need a hammer to hang pictures (and the claw to pull the nails out when you decide you haven’t hung the pictures in the right place).
3. Level – (that’s the little thing with the bubble that shows you if something is level) You want those pictures to be straight, right?
4. Duct tape – (that’s the silver tape) Duct tape is great for temporarily fixing a small leak under the sink, until the plumber can get there. It’s super sticky.
5. WD-40 – This lubricant is great for squeaky door hinges. It just takes a tiny bit. If you have kids, it will take crayon out of clothes and off walls. Go to their website for directions.
6. Tape measure – This will come in handy for measuring for those new window treatments.
7. Power drill – There are some new light-weight cordless drills that are great for light use around the house. They come in handy when you want to add some shelving to a closet.
8. Utility knife – Definitely a must-have tool to have in the home. The utility knife can be used for a ton of projects, as simple as cutting open boxes and packaging to DIY home improvement jobs like cutting drywall, insulation, and old carpeting or removing old caulking.
9. Stud finder – You don’t need a stud finder, but it makes life a whole lot easier when trying to hang things on the wall. It’s not a fun thing when you hear a giant crash from your bedroom closet and find all your clothes lying on the floor because the screws pulled out of the wall!
10. Safety goggles – Like a stud finder, you don’t need safety goggles, but it’s not a bad idea if you value your eyeballs.
11. Pliers – This tool is great for gripping things you don’t want your fingers to (or don’t want to risk breaking a nail!) and bending things you don’t have the muscle to do yourself.
12. Wrenches – Good for tightening (or loosening) nuts, bolts, pipes, and more.
13. Plunger – A plunger is one of those must-have tools that you really should have before you actually need it. Trust me.
14. Ladder and step stool – Besides the obvious uses – to get in the attic, on the roof, etc. – a step stool or ladder is good to have for less-obvious reasons too, like when the smoke alarm is screaming over the toast you burnt, or your mother-in-law somehow notices all the dust accumulating on the blades of your ceiling fan.
Other Must-Have Tools for Basic Home Repairs
Do you have any home improvement tools you couldn’t imagine getting by without? Leave a comment to let us know what your must-have tools are!
McGuinn Homes offers stress free living in one of their most popular communities Murray Cottages. Only minutes from I-26 for quick access to downtown Columbia S.C. Irmo’s only new home cottage community! Murray Cottages is located minutes away from picturesque Lake Murray and is in walking distance to grocery and retail shopping! Murray offers it’s homeowners stylish elevations and flexible floor plans. Starting at $99,900, Murray Cottages is sure to have a plan at a price to fit what you are looking for. Also, with deeded lawn maintenance, Murray Cottage homeowners are able to use their free time to do things they enjoy without having to worry about yard work and upkeep!
Driving Directions: From I-26 Take Lake Murray Blvd, Exit 102, Towards Irmo, Cross over RR tracks, Turn right on Irmo Drive (@ Wendy’s) then drive to the end of the road. Turn right on Merchants Drive (behind Publix) then turn right on Regency Drive. Model Home is on the left.
McGuinn Homes is proud to introduce the Southeast Columbia’s premier new cottage home community! Hamlet Park is located minutes away from the Medical University of South Carolina and Downtown Columbia, South Carolina. It is conveniently situated just seconds from a variety of both grocery and retail shopping. Hamlet Park offers it’s homeowners stylish elevations and flexible floor plans. Starting at $109,900, The Cottages at Hamlet Park is sure to have a plan at a price to fit what you are looking for. Also, with deeded lawn maintenance, Hamlet Park homeowners are able to use their free time to do things they enjoy without having to worry about yardwork and upkeep! Please stop by and visit us Mon-Fri 12-5 Sunday 1-5 or visit our Hamlet Park community page at www.mcguinnhomes.com
Driving Directions: From I-77 take Garners Ferry Rd. (Sumter Hwy./ Hwy. 378) .6 miles towards sumter. Turn right on Greenlawn Drive. Go 1/2 mile, look for Hamlet Park on the right.
McGuinn Homes is proud to announce their newest community Bonhomme Green.Located in Lexington S.C. conveniently located only a few miles from Lexington S.C. shopping and dining and only a mile from I-20, also in the award winning Lexington One school district. Home sites starting at $99,900 with floor plans ranging from 1044 to 1718 sq ft with many lots to choose from. Bonhomme Green qualifies for 100% financing. McGuinn homes offers many included features 8ft smooth ceilings, natural wood cabinets, brush nickle hardware, Kenmore smooth top range with microhood, Shaw flooring and much more. Model home will be open in the near future contact Linda Gentry 803.920.0780 for more info.
Vist us at www.mcguinnhomes.com
Directions: Follow Highway 1 though Lexington. At the intersection of Main Street (HWY 1) and Columbia Avenue (HWY 1) turn left onto Columbia Avenue heading toward Lexington Country Club. Travel approximately 1.1 miles and turn left onto Barr Road and travel approximately 2.7 miles. Turn left onto Bonhomme Richard Drive. Bonhomme Green is on the right.
Ashley Dooley, VP of Sales & Marketing for McGuinn Homes has been elected to serve as the Treasurer for the Sales & Marketing Council of the Home Builders Association of Greater Columbia.
COLUMBIA, SC – Wade McGuinn, CMB of the McGuinn Group will serve as President of the Home Builders Association of Greater Columbia (HBAGC) in 2011. He has been a Licensed Builder in South Carolina since 1985 and an SC Licensed Real Estate Broker since 1984. He joined the Home Builders Association in 1994. He and his company have been active in association events including exhibiting in many Home & Garden Shows and Home Improvement Shows and as a participant in Parade of Homes events. Read the rest of this entry »
McGuinn Achieves Certified Master Builder Designation
Wade McGuinn of McGuinn Construction Management is the Home Builders Association’s newest home builder to earn the designation of Certified Master Builder. “This means that Wade has gone far beyond merely holding a state builders license,” said Master Builder Chairman James Graves.
Graves explained, “The Master Builder Program was created by the Home Builders Association of South Carolina as a way to increase the professionalism of home builders in the state and to provide an increased level of protection for consumers.” Read the rest of this entry »